CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 8, 2011

Emma the magnificent and our 4th!

So Sunday morning I woke up to Emma screaming at the end of my bed. I woke Adam up and asked if her brought her down. He didn't...She climbed out of her bed....and climbed down the stairs!!!!! Or fell out of her bed and fell down the stairs....we will never know. I was HORRIFIED... this was my fear! But am thankful she is A-OK!



So later that day I put Emma in her crib and asked her "How did you get out of your crib?" Sure enough she hiked her leg up and straddled the crib railing. So Adam took the rail off and turned her crib into a day bed and we put a gate up in her bedroom doorway.






Here she excited about her new bed


 And showing me her bunny



But night came and she HATES it!!!! She does not want to sleep in it! Iam hoping gets use to it soon. Because we really miss her easy bedtime routine. Now she wants to be cuddled to sleep and screams and cries at bedtime. I think she misses the security of being enclosed in her crib.




This year on the 4th and every year since being with Adam we went to his Aunt and Uncles house in Plymouth for a cookout! Then we headed down to the waterfront to watch the fireworks!!




Here is Kaylah her friend Mia, Alivia and Emma!






Emma enjoying her lolly watching the fireworks.

7 comments:

Heidi

Dropping by from Jenna's. Love the pictures of Emma showing off in her new bed. Hopefully the bedtime routine will get easier with time.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk

Stopping by from Jenna's!

Emma is such a beautiful little girl!! I'm sure she'll get used to her bed, and things will get easier. Just don't give in!! You can do it :)

Have a great day!

Jackie Koll

I noticed on another blog (I think it was Jenna's actually!) that when they switched to the toddler bed, she still wrapped the bumper pads all the way around to give that security. Just an idea Stopping by from . .. Jenna's!

Tamika

Oh - that new bed thing is hard - been through it 5 times....and we moved our last 2 for the same reason...`How did you get in Mum`s room???"

Good luck!

(Visiting from Jenna's!)

Kerry

Visiting from Jenna's...Hi!!
Lovely girls you have...hope the transition to big bed gets easier for you all :)
Have a great day!!

Cate8

This remimds me of Curly. He loved his crib. He was almost 3 still and I tried leaving the side down so he could get out when he needed. He hated even that to be lowered. Emma is magnificent!!!!!

Greer's Gossip

Stopping by from Jenna's!!! Love your 4th of July pictures!!

I hope Emma's bedtime routine gets back to normal and she gets used to her bed!!!

Your blog is precious!!