CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

She's going to kill me for this!


This is my Kaylah almost 10 years ago

This week she is star of the week in her class! So all this week she has to send in pictures, 3 special items, her favorite book and song that she gets to play for the class on the CD player, I get to go and eat lunch with her and I have to send in a letter from us that the teacher reads to Kaylah and the class. Initially I was going to try not to write anything too "mushy" but this is what I needed to say to her


Dear Kaylah,

Our sweet first born daughter..... On October 24th 2001 at 1:37 pm you were born weighing in at almost 10 pounds. You amazed us from the second you were born and our world changed forever. Daddy and I cant believe that we will soon be celebrating your 10th birthday!! Thats double digits Kaylah!!! Where has my baby gone? I know you are probably sick of hearing us say" Please load the dishwasher Kaylah"...or "Kaylah you need to do your homework". I know that we irritate you some days and you think we are nerdy and lately you would much rather be with your friends than with us. But we love you just the same and there are a few things we want you to know......


Dream Big.....As big as you can!!! Because you will become what you dream. You can do anything you put your mind to.....You have proved this to us before. 

What you put out in life always comes back to you....So be a good person!  There will be people in your life that wont like you because of how you dress or the way you look or what you believe in. But know you are better than that....and see the good in them anyway. Always treat others the way you would like to be treated.

You are beautiful inside and out......Know this!

We could not be prouder of the person you are growing up to be.  You are a great friend and an amazing big sister, and an even better daughter.  And you try so hard at everything you do whether it be school, sports or helping me out at home.So Thank You for being YOU!!

Lots of Love 

Dad, Mom, Alivia, Emma and Sadie too :0) 


1 comments:

Anonymous

I love these notes that you write to your girls! It's so sweet and I'm certain that they'll treasure them someday. I always want to do something like that and end up forgetting and 6 months goes by!

I found you through your post on BabyCenter and am now following you through GFC, although to be honest, I never check that...would love to subscribe via email but didn't notice that option on your blog.

I'm looking for guest bloggers for June and July. If you're interested check out my guest blogging guidelines here:
http://coolestfamilyontheblock.com/guest-bloggers/
and then send me an email at coolfamilyblog (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thanks!
Jenn
Coolest Family on the Block